MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS
The most loving and experienced teacher from Latin America.
Olas Spanish Immersion School carefully selects energetic and experienced instructors from Latin America. Instructors are selected for their love and experience in educating children, and their enthusiasm to share their language and culture. Our staff is very committed in teaching fun and engaging classes that make learning a second language a natural process for our students.
The Olas Team is also committed to making our students feel just like at home, surrounded by love and joy every time they visit our school!
Fingerprints and Back Ground CheckAll instructors at Olas Spanish Immersion School have been fingerprinted and have been through background check with Fingerprint-based Applicant Clearinghouse of Texas (FACT) affiliated to Texas Department of Public Safety.
CPR/ First Aid/ AED Instruction
All instructors at Olas Spanish Immersion School have taken a CPR/ First Aid Pediatric/ AED training and are certified by the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
About Olas Spanish
Olas Spanish Immersion is a Spanish language school based in Austin, Texas. Our school will provide your child with the opportunity to be immersed in the Spanish language and Latin culture.
We focus on a young child’s ability to absorb a second language. They will acquire the sounds, intonation and rules intuitively, in a holistic home-like environment, as they did learn their native language. At Olas Spanish we strive to create an unforgettable learning experience to enrich the children’s lives.
Students are immediately engaged in a variety of interactive classes presented by experienced and enthusiastic native speaking instructors. Children absorb Spanish through songs, movements, arts & crafts, puppet shows, drama, story telling, and traditional games and activities in a true immersion manner.
Our year round school is divided in Spring semester, Summer session and Fall semester. You can enroll your child in Olas Spanish Immersion at any time of the year. We have classes from Monday through Saturday. Depending on availability you can pick what days/times work best for you. Please, contact us for information about tuition, scheduling, and availability.
Visit our school and attend a FREE TRIAL CLASS!
The Mission of Olas Spanish School –
Our mission at Olas Spanish Immersion is to revolutionize how children learn a second language and to foster a future generation of bilingual Americans.
Olas Spanish Immersion makes learning a second language fun for Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Elementary school children. Your child will learn Spanish through an engaging mix of games, songs, dance, puppet shows, arts & crafts, reading books, movement, theater and more. Our unique immersion program is the best way for kids to enjoy learning a second language.
We also offer classes for Middle & High School and Adults
Why learn Spanish as a second language?
Why Kids & Their Parent Choose Us
- There are over 44 million Spanish speakers in the United States.
- There are over 500 million people around the world who speak Spanish.
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world after Mandarin Chinese and ahead of English.
- You can enjoy traveling throughout Mexico, Latin America, and Spain.
- You can make new friends who don’t speak English. Imagine all of the friendships you are missing out on!
- Learning Spanish is fun! It’s a chance to experience new music, food, movies, and much more.
- Bilingual people are more marketable and have more career choices.
- Being bilingual will strengthen your critical thinking skills. Being bilingual means seeing the world through more than one lens; a skill that can help you in many areas of life.
- It will develop your creativity. Language immersion stimulates the imagination.
- Spanish will bring new sensations and maybe even some added happiness into your life. Try learning with a friend or loved one!
Why learn at a young age?
- Young children are uniquely suited to learning a second language. The developing brain is hard-wired to acquire languages; never again will it be this natural or this easy!
- Early exposure to a second language allows a child to optimize his or her learning potential, helping to shape the brain at its most flexible stage. Learning a second language at a young age is cognitively as easy as learning a first language.
- Young children can acquire native-like fluency as easily as they learn how to walk. Adults, on the other hand, have to work through an established first-language system. Young Children learn naturally, absorbing the sounds, structures, intonation patterns, and rules of a second language intuitively, like they did their native language.
- As a child approaches puberty, the natural ease of language acquisition decreases. Early childhood is the optimal time to learn a new language.
- Olas Spanish curriculum combines a Montessori Methodology with a play-based approach in a full-immersion setting.
- Olas Spanish always encourages children to become active participants in the language regardless of their age and learning ability.
- This hands-on, interactive, high-energy approach ensures that children are motivated and engaged while learning at the same time.
- Our instructors use dramatic presentation, clear visuals, miming, gestures, facial expressions and silliness to enhance both comprehension and fun while immersed in the Spanish language. With these methods, children learn a second language without the need of translation.
- Our classes have multiple components: singing, story time, outdoor activities, work period and arts & crafts. All designed to appeal to a young child’s sense of discovery and wonder.
- Our small groups of 5-6 children foster individualized learning. Our instructors challenge each child to develop comprehension, basic verbal skills, and increased spontaneous speech at his or her own pace.
Why Kids & Their Parent Choose Us
- Full-time and Part Time Spanish Teacher Position / Curriculum DeveloperWe are always looking for excellent educators to join our growing team!Teachers will possess the following qualifications, characteristics and experience:
- Native Spanish speaker
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Degree in the field of education
- Love of working with little children (ages 2-12).
- Ability to develop innovative, creative curriculum for small group, immersion-based learning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers as a team.
- Familiarity with communicating through email and other social media.
- Previous teaching experience is a plus but not required. Paid training will be provided.
-Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a brief description of yourself (including your educational background and relevant experience with children) along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Teaching Position”.